Terms & Conditions
Reservation, Payment, and Cancellation:
- A valid credit card is required to secure all reservations.
- A $100 incidental hold will be placed on the card and released after check-out, provided the room is in good condition.
- The full reservation amount will be charged 24 hours before arrival. If the payment is declined, The Jeffrey Hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Cancellation policy:
- More than 72 hours before arrival: 100% refund.
- 24-72 hours before arrival: 50% refund.
- Within 24 hours or no-shows: No refunds.
- Non-Refundable Rate Reservations: The full reservation amount will be charged 24 hours after booking and is non-refundable.
- Rooms are subject to a 10% occupancy tax and a 2% TBID fee (subject to change).
- Refunds, regardless of reason, are subject to an 8% transaction service fee on the refunded amount.
- Reservations are for a room type, not a specific room. Each room type includes rooms of equivalent size and amenities; however, interior design and layout may vary.
- Guests must be at least 21 years old to book a reservation. Guests must provide a valid photo ID upon check-in.
- Reservations must include an adult occupant’s full name and a valid credit card.
- Maximum Occupancy by Room Type: (a) Single-bed rooms – two guests; (b) Multi-bed rooms – four guests. Additional guests require management approval, or a $250 fine may be incurred.
Check-in, Check-Out, and Stay Extensions:
- Business hours: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m.; Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- After completing the check-in process and providing a credit card for the deposit, guests will receive room number(s) and check-in codes on the arrival day.
- Late check-out requests may be accommodated, subject to availability.
- Reservation extensions will be accommodated to the best of our ability, but are not guaranteed.
Policies and Rules:
- Smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of the property; a minimum $250 fine will be charged for violations.
- Sorry, no pets are allowed on The Jeffrey’s premises, except for ADA Compliant Service animals.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am daily.
- Damages to the room or its contents are the reserving guest’s financial responsibility.
- Furniture within the room must not be moved; a minimum $100 setup fee will be applied for violations.
- Removing any of The Jeffrey Hotel’s items from guest rooms will result in additional charges.
- No direct heat or open-flame cooking is permitted in guest rooms. Violations will result in immediate cancellation of the reservation without a refund.
- The use of hotplates, griddles, kettles, and other supplementary appliances is prohibited in all rooms.
- The pool, spa, and additional facilities may occasionally be unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled closed hours throughout the year. No refunds will be given for these downtimes.
Common Areas and Amenities:
- Common areas have specific hours and follow quiet hours from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am daily.
- Indoor areas and pools/spas close by 9:00 pm daily.
- No fire pits, pool/spa access, or games are allowed during quiet hours.
- Pool and spa do not have a lifeguard on duty; children are not allowed in these areas unsupervised without a parent physically present and able to respond quickly.
- Fence jumping is prohibited as it causes damage to The Jeffrey Hotel’s property; violation may result in additional charges.
- Guests use all communal areas expressly at their own risk.
- Children under four years old stay free; children four and older count towards room maximum capacity.
- The Jeffrey Hotel’s management must approve extra guests and may incur additional fees.
- Parking is limited to 1 standard-size vehicle per reservation; oversized vehicles need approval from The Jeffrey Hotel’s management to park on the premises.
- The Jeffrey Hotel is ADA-compliant and offers accessible rooms upon request and availability.
Weather and Road Closures:The entire Lake Tahoe region is subject to unpredictable inclement weather; because of this, we can’t always foresee changing weather or road situations. Please check your travel plans and road status before booking a reservation. The Jeffrey Hotel strictly enforces its cancellation policies; if road or airport closures block access to Lake Tahoe and your cancellation window has closed, you may choose from the following options, as applicable:
Wildfires, snowstorms, or other natural events:
- Partial Refund – 50% refund on canceled reservations for two or more nights (no refunds are available for one-night stays).
- Resell the Room – Upon guest approval to release to reservation, we will attempt to resell your room, and if successfully resold booked, we will refund the recouped booking revenue. Resells are not guaranteed and the original guest may not receive any refund.
- Reservation Transfer – guests may transfer their reservation, or receive a credit towards a future stay (within 4 months) without a fee. The credit is non-refundable and is not available for Airbnb guests.
For changes made to the reservation:
- No fee for changes made more than 72 hours before arrival.
- For changes 72-24 hours before arrival, guests must pay a $75 non-refundable fee plus any price difference (if applicable).
- Changes within 24 hours of arrival are not allowed except in exceptional cases.
- Once a Reservation is changed, it becomes a non-refundable reservation.
- Guests must follow federal, state, and local laws regarding firearms. Firearms must be stored unloaded and locked. Failure to follow the policy may result in immediate cancellation of the reservation without a refund.
Release of Liability:
- The Jeffrey Hotel is not responsible for lost or forgotten items.
- Guests use communal areas, pools, and spas at their own risk.
- The Jeffrey Hotel is not liable for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur during your stay. It is your responsibility to take necessary precautions and ensure your own safety.
- The Jeffrey Hotel is not liable for interactions or encounters with wild animals that may enter the property.
- The Jeffrey Hotel is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of personal belongings or vehicles parked on hotel property.
- Guest understands that attending The Jeffrey Hotel’s facilities may involve voluntary participation in physical activities both indoors and outdoors, and certain exposure to walks, steps, paths, and roads that are uneven, frozen, and/or covered in snow, and tree’s with pinecones and branches that can fall. With these, and all related activities, there is a certain element of risk. By accepting this waiver, Guest hereby acknowledges that participation and use of facilities and grounds are at Guest’s own risk, and that Guest assumes all responsibilities for any and all aspects of participation by both Guest and any children who might accompany Guest. This waiver applies to any and all activities, named and unnamed herein, which are voluntarily participated in by guests and family members & visitors of guests at The Jeffrey Hotel.
- Guests shall indemnify, defend and save harmless The Jeffrey Hotel, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all loss, cost (including attorneys’ fees), damage, expense and liability (including statutory liability and liability under workers’ compensation laws) in connection with claims, judgments, damages, penalties, fines, liabilities, losses, suits, administrative proceedings, arising out of any act or neglect by any guest, including a guest’s agents, employees, contractors, invitees, representatives, in, on or about The Jeffrey Hotel’s property. This indemnity shall survive the termination of this Agreement. Guests hereby release The Jeffrey Hotel from any and all liability or responsibility to any guest or anyone claiming through or under any guest by way of subrogation or otherwise for any loss or damage to equipment or property of The Jeffrey covered by any insurance then in force.
Right to Refuse Service:
- The Jeffrey Hotel reserves the right to refuse service to any guest who does not comply with these terms and conditions, behaves inappropriately, or poses a risk to the safety and well-being of other guests or staff members. The Jeffrey Hotel holds the ability to immediately terminate reservations without refund and impose a $250 fine, as well as any other damages, if these terms and conditions are violated.
- Guests shall use The Jeffrey Hotel facilities in a manner that shall not cause interference with the use or occupancy of the other guests in any way. Guest’s use hereunder will be done in such a manner so as not to interfere with or impose any additional expense upon The Jeffrey Hotel.
- These terms and conditions, as well as any agreement related to any reservation at The Jeffrey Hotel, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any legal actions or demands shall be handled in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California.
Limitations on Punitive Damages:
- The parties hereby agree that neither party shall be liable for any punitive damages.
Force Majeure (“Acts of God”):
- The performance of this Agreement is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of acts of God, war within the borders of the United States, government regulations, disaster, strikes (except those involving the employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities to the extent that such circumstance makes it illegal or impossible to provide or use The Jeffrey Hotel’s facilities.
Compliance with Laws, Hotel Rules, and Policies:
- Guest agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and The Jeffrey Hotel’s Terms and policies governing the Agreement and event, including any rules, regulations or requests of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and any policies related to pandemic conditions.
- If any of The Jeffrey Hotel’s Terms are violated by guests or any members of guest’s party, penalties may apply in coordination with The Jeffrey’s management team, and the reservation may be subject to immediate cancelation.
- If any of the federal, state, and local laws are violated, the reservation will immediately be subject to cancellation without refund.
*Disclosure: The Jeffrey Hotel does not have Air Conditioning units in its rooms. At 6000+ ft in elevation, it is unusual for hot weather temperatures in Tahoe. Most rooms are equipped with ceiling fans and tower fans. For additional information, please contact our customer service team.
These terms and conditions are subject to change over time, by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions that are current at the time of your stay.
By making a reservation at The Jeffrey Hotel, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these terms and conditions.